Best Exercise Machines
Are you short on time, or perhaps the gym isn't your thing? Or is it that you are living a modern life that urges you to train at home and become your trainer? Whatever the case may be, skipping the gym to work out in the privacy and comfort of your home takes workout to a whole new dimension. This lifestyle can be quite challenging because you may not be a professional trainer. So, one question that may boggle your mind is where to begin the whole training process.
A good place to start is by getting the best or right training equipment. In this article, you are going to learn the best ways to stay healthy. Additionally, whether you are looking for an exercising machine for cardio, strength, or weight loss, this article will help you choose the best machines no matter the purpose. Below are the most popular smart exercise machines that will give you value for your money.
Best ways to stay healthy
No doubt, a healthy lifestyle helps you thrive. But making healthy choices isn’t always easy. Here are a couple of things that help:
Be physically active
Even though you may be busy throughout the week, try to maintain a basic exercise routine. Exercise for 30 minutes most days of the week. Exercise can vary from anything between walking, running, sports, yoga, and so on.
Eat healthy food
We are what we eat. Focus on eating a balanced diet and not merely what you have cravings for. Fruits and vegetables should not be left out of your meals. Choose diets that are low in fat, saturated fat, cholesterol, total fat, sugar, and salt.
Avoid smoking or drinking
Part of living a healthy live means having a heathy lifestyle. Smoking is bad for your health. Drinking alcoholic substances as well is not particularly good for you. Even if you must drink, do so moderately.
Learn to recognize and manage stress
If you truly want to stay healthy, learn to recognize things that cause you to stress, and manage them. Signs that you are stressed out include trouble sleeping, stomach problems, frequent headache, feeling angry a lot, turning to food, alcohol, and drugs to relieve stress.
Are you getting enough sleep?
Lastly, getting enough rest will contribute greatly to your overall health. As an adult, you need to have at least 8 hours of sound sleep every day.
Best cardio equipment
Exercising can help improve your cardiovascular stamina and endurance. To achieve maximum results, ensure the type of exercise machine you get is right for the exercise.
- Elliptical exercise machines: An elliptical exercise machine is a common machine found in the cardio section in gyms. Often, it is used to work on muscles like hamstrings, glutes, chest, triceps, biceps, back, and core. It is a great fit for those looking to work on their coordination, balance, and weight loss.
- Treadmills and running exercise machines: Whether you are a novice or an experienced athlete, a treadmill is a helpful cardio fitness machine. With a treadmill, it doesn't matter whether the weather is favorable or not, you can achieve your cardio fitness goal right from the comfort of your home. Generally, exercising on a treadmill works on your hamstrings, quadriceps, abdominals, calves, and glutes.
- Stepper exercise machines: Walking and running are great for your cardio, but emulating climbing a stair is a more effective cardio exercise. Stepper machines emulate climbing a stair, which will help exercise multiple muscle groups at once. More so, it particularly targets muscles at the lower body region like the hamstrings, calves, quads, cores, and glutes.
- Walking exercise machines: Without going outside, you can walk, jog, or run whenever you want when you have a walking exercising machine. Whether it's simply for a leisure stroll, or a rigorous uphill walk, using a walking exercising machine is an effective way to get a quality workout. Walking exercise targets muscles like the hamstrings, quadriceps, abdominals, calves, and glutes.
- Bike exercise machines: Biking keeps the heart strong and healthy. But you don’t have to struggle with busy roads to get a good ride thanks to bike exercising machines. These exercising machines keep your heart strong and healthy and help maintain and build muscle tone and strength. Getting a good ride will help improve joint mobility, benefit your posture and coordination, decrease anxiety and stress, and more.
- Squat exercise machines: While you can do naked squat anywhere, you’d get better results when you use a squat exercising machine. A squat exercise machine adds a layer of resistance that improves your workout and gives you better muscle toning. Some squat exercise machines support other activities like push-ups and sit-ups.
Best strength training equipment
If you are training to build strength all you need is the right equipment and workout routine. And the best part is that it is possible to effectively strength workout right from the comfort of your home. Check out the following best strength exercise machines for targeted muscle parts.
- Best exercise machines for toning whole body: An excellent choice for someone looking for a whole-body tone is a rowing machine. With a rowing machine your lower body, upper body, and many other muscles come into play, so you get an all-round, full-body workout. You can also consider hybrid exercising machines as they combine two or more training in one machine.
- Best exercise machines for bigger glutes: An elliptical exercising machine can be used for several exercises including building bigger glutes. You can also use bike exercise machines to target your glute muscles, as they workout both your lower legs. Stair and squat exercise machines are also great choices to use.
- Best exercise machines for thighs and hips: A good exercising machine for thighs and hips puts resistance on the movement of the hamstring and quadriceps - two major muscles in the thigh. Biking, squatting, and stepper exercise machines are great as they target these muscles from different angles making them strong.
- Best exercise machines for legs: One of the most popular lower body exercising machines is the leg press and treadmill exercise machines. The leg press targets the inner quad muscle of the leg making it stronger. Whereas the treadmill focuses on improving the overall tone of the leg’s muscles making it even.
- Best exercise machines for abs: Abs training helps improve your body posture, thus reducing strain on your spin which would cut back on back pain. One of the best exercise machines you can get for abs exercise is the fitness bench for sit-ups, Russian twists, bicycle crunches, and so on. You can also include an abs roller to the list of machines you buy to bring diversity into your workout session.
- Best exercise machines for flabby arms: Are you trying to get rid of flabby arms? What you need are exercising machines that will target your biceps and triceps muscles. Dumbbells are the best amongst many trainings’ equipment, as you can easily get it for a home gym.
Best exercise machines for weight loss
Is your aim for exercising to burn some calories to lose weight? If so, then an effective way to achieve it is to incline your exercise towards diverse cardiovascular exercises. Strength training builds muscle tissues, which requires your body to burn calories. And over time, your body will have to experience significant weight loss. Weight loss is possible, provided you are willing to responsibly combine calorie cut down with correct cardio and strength exercises. We recommend investing in either a treadmill, rower, bike, stepper, or elliptical exercising machine for weight loss.
In summary, cardio training is excellent for a fat burner, while strength training gives you an even muscle tone. But to achieve this, you need the best equipment and discipline. While having the right discipline is entirely up to you, we can help you get the best exercise machines so you can effectively stay fit.
What is the best exercise machine to have at home?
A rower is hands-down the best exercise machine to have at home. Rowing exercise machines are full-body workout machines that use almost every muscle in your body. Engaging so many muscles elevate your heart rate and burns calories quicker.
How to use exercise machines?
Exercising machines are often divided into two grounds, cardio and strength machines. Use the cardio machines to develop strong cardiovascular stamina. Whereas you can use the strength machines to develop an even muscle tone.
Are exercise machines' calorie counters accurate?
Exercise machines give an estimate of calories expected to be burnt after exercising. And most times these machines' calorie counters are overestimated. This is because to accurately calculate the number of calories burned requires measuring the energy expended by the individual cells, and no exercise machine does this.
Are heart rate monitors on exercise machines accurate?
Heart rate monitors on exercise machines tend to be fairly accurate. But they also give an estimated heart rate to give you an approximation. Generally, to get an accurate heart rate, use a monitor that straps to the chest.
What exercise machine burns the most calories the fastest?
The rowing exercise machines burn the most calories the fastest. This is because rowing exercise machines engage several muscles all around the body. Despite the rowing machines engaging your entire body, it is low impact. Meaning nagging injuries, joint pain, or muscle soreness wouldn’t be an issue.